India’s performance in the 17th Asian Games
India on Saturday ended their 17th Asian Games campaign at the eighth spot on the medals tally, a drop of two positions from the previous edition of the mega-event which drew to a close.
- India signed off with 57 medals — 11 gold, 10 silver and 36 bronze.
- China ended their campaign on top claiming a whopping 342 medals
- Hosts South Korea finished a distant second with 234 medals — 79 gold, 71 silver and 77 bronze.
India’s Gold Medal Winners at the 17th Asian Games in Incheon :
- Jitu Rai brought India’s first gold medal in Incheon in the men’s 50 metres pistol shooting.
- Men’s Archery Team – Indian team members- Sandeep Kumar, Raijat Chauhan and Abhishek Verma.
- Indian Squash Team- Saurav Ghosal ,Harinder Pal Singh Sandhu, Kush Kumar and Mahesh Manaonkar.
- Yogeshwar Dutt in the men’s freestyle 65kg final
- Seema Punia in the Women’s discus throw.
- Saketh Myneni and Sania Mirza in the Tennis Mixed Doubles.
- Mary Kom in women’s boxing flyweight 48-51kg category.
- Indian Hockey Team.
- 4×400 metres relay race- MR Poovamma, Tintu Luka, Mandeep Kaur, Priyanka Panwar
- Indian Women’s Kabaddi Team
- Indian Men’s Kabaddi Team
For more updates on topics asked in CLAT, keep visiting CLAT Gurukul, which is a knowledge sharing initiative of The Knowledge Tree, Patna’s premier coaching institute for CLAT and for other law entrance exams like AILET, SET, LSAT etc.