Indian economy is driven by many factors and banks play a vital role in our economy. A career in banking sector gives you job satisfaction, stability, financial security and a life worth living.
IBPS (Institute Of Banking Personnel Selection) :
- An autonomous body which conducts the recruitment process for the following participating banks (list is given below) except SBI once a year.
- Conducts online examination, declares result and informs the shortlisted candidates about the interview.
Interviews are conducted by the participating organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each state/ UT with the help of IBPS.
Candidates, who aspire to join any of the Participating Organisations listed as a Probationary Officer / Management Trainee or in a similar post in that cadre, are required to register for the CWE PO/MT exam conducted by IBPS.
Candidates who appear and are shortlisted in the examination, are subsequently called for a common interview conducted by the Participating Organisations and co-ordinated by the Nodal Bank with the help of IBPS.
List of participating Banks:
Central Bank of India
Indian Overseas Bank
Bank of Baroda
Oriental Bank of Commerce
Union Bank of India
Bank of India
Punjab National Bank
United Bank of India
Bank of Maharashtra
Punjab & Sind Bank
Bharatiya Mahila Bank
Any other bank or financial institution
- Age – Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 30 years
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in graduation while registering online.
Pattern and syllabus of the exam :
Mode of test- Online
Negative marking- 0.25
|Quantitative aptitude||50 marks|
|General Awareness(with special reference to banking Industry )||40 marks|
|Computer Knowledge||20 marks|
Quantitative Aptitude :
The Mathematics section of Bank /PO exams contains questions from topics mentioned below:
Indices and Surds
Square Root & Cube Root
HCF and LCM
Ratio and Proportion
Problem on Ages
Profit and Loss
Ratio & Proportion
Time and Work
Time and Distance
Alligation or Mixture
Simple & Compound Interest
Pipes and Cisterns
Problems on Trains
The logical reasoning aims at testing a student’s analytical ability while attempting questions on blood relations, puzzles, syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc.
English Including Comprehension
The questions that are asked in this area test mainly a student’s proficiency in Reading a passage, understanding its theme and summary and answering the questions based on the passage. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words etc.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
Candidates will have to keep themselves updated about the current affairs of national and international importance (with special reference to banking industry.)
This section tests a student’s basic knowledge of working with computers.